This rice pudding recipe, which is a Weelicious spin on my other version, is heaven. It's so easy to make and you can easily double the recipe to feed a crowd or have some in the fridge all week, though every time I make this, it doesn't last that long.
- milk - 3 1/2 cups
- short grained rice - 1/2 cup (or arborio)
- vanilla bean - 1/2 (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- agave nectar (Sohgave! Amber) - 2 tablespoons
- Bring milk and rice to a boil
- Slice the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape both sides with the edge of a knife to remove the vanilla seeds
- Place the seeds and vanilla bean in the pot with the milk and rice. (If using vanilla extract, add it in the last few minutes of the cooking time.)
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover
- Cook for 40 minutes stirring occasionally
- Add the agave and stir to combine
- Can be served warm or chilled
©2009: Recipes are the property of Catherine McCord and can be used only by written permission.